Last Updated May 31st, 2018
- The how and what personal data we collect about you, and why we do so
- How we use and that personal data, and
- The legal rights you have around your personal data.
2. HOW TO CONTACT US
For the purposes of your private data, TreasureHunt is considered a ‘Data Controller’ (defined in the GDPR as natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law), while most of the Third-Party service providers we work with are ‘Data Processors’ (defined as a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller).
If you have questions about below policies or data protection in general, we can be reached via the below email address. For any personal game data topics, we ask you to contact us through the game’s customer care channel, so we can respond to your specific queries faster.
Data controller: TreasureHunt GmbH, ATTN: Data Protection Officer
Address: Skalitzer Strasse 85-86 TR B, 10997 Berlin, Germany.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you ranging from the information you provide us, as well as data we collect automatically and data that our partners (such as Facebook/Google) provide us.
Datapoints you provide us
- Your contact and/or profile information you provide, such as:
- Your name and email address
- Messages to our services and other data you choose to share with us via our support tool HelpShift, which we use to help you with your queries, including:
- The game you are playing
- Your language
- Your name and/or nickname
- Your e-mail address
- Platform you are playing on
- Your type of issue
- Your user ID and/or Facebook game specific ID
- Your problem description and conversation
- Your uploaded file (if you share screenshots with us)
Datapoints we collect automatically
- Your identifier data points, or device data which we collect automatically, such as:
- Game version you’re playing (e.g. v1.6.11 or v.1.7.15)
- Language Settings for selecting game language
- IP address (e.g. 92.45.345)
- Approximate location based on IP range
- Temporary unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA and Android ID)
- Random device identification numbers (client IDs)
- User identification numbers (user IDs)
- Progress in the game (The level you are in or how many pets you’ve collected)
- In-app purchases (e.g. how many Diamonds you purchased for which price)
- Internet connection (3G or WiFi)
- Date and time of your game session (e.g. 11:45 on 25.05.2018)
- Operating system (e.g. MacOS, Android)
- Hardware (e.g. Intel processor)
- Data to prevent illicit or other behaviour that is counter to our Terms of Service ranging from cheating to refund abuse, as well as fraud in advertising.
Datapoints our partners provide us
“Data Controller” Third-Parties, such as Facebook, Apple (App Store) or Google (Play Store), collect your account data and/or payment information when you interact with them. We have no influence on the data you submit to them and are not responsible for it.
- Data we receive from our partners and 3rd party services (such as Facebook, Google and Apple, such as:
- Public profile information (e.g. Facebook name, profile picture and other public information)
- Friends list (friends you are connected with on Facebook)
- E-Mail address (the e-mail address you use to log in to Facebook)
- Apple Game Centre and Google Play Services account data
- Apple App Store and Google Play Store payment and verification data
To make sure we safeguard your data, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected the information for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Please note that if you are under 16, we do not knowingly collect personal information from you, or agree to your use of our games or services. If we discover you or someone else is under 16, we will delete all personal data as soon as possible. If you think that we may be collecting personal data of someone under the age of 16, please contact us so we can delete any personal data we may have on them.
4. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect your above mentioned data for primarily two reasons. “Performance of Contract” (in other words, things needed to make things work for you) – and “Legitimate Interest” (things needed to make things work better for you), helping us provide the best possible player experience.
- Create accounts in our game and create and develop services for you
- Operate these games, including payment confirmation and other services for you
- Respond to enquiries and requests for game support for you.
- Update player profiles for better player experience for you
- Use developed player profiles to customise player experience for you
- Provide social features (including saved and synchronized progress across devices) for you
- To prevent player behaviour which goes against our general Terms of Service, including fraudulent and illegal player activity
- To send updates, promotions and/or push notifications (if you have opted-in) for you
- To analyse, segment and profile data to improve our services for you.
- To show relevant and personalised advertisements for you (For opting out of personalised advertisements, please refer to “Your Rights” below)
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
5. WHY WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- We may share your information for above reasons with Third-Party service providers, advertisers, as well as Facebook, Apple and/or Google.
- These Third-Parties and services providers may collect analytics data, or hosting data on our behalf, but only in accordance with our instructions and the respective privacy agreement they hold with us.
- Some Third-Parties, such as Facebook, Apple App Store or Google Play Store collect your account data and/or payment information. We have no influence on the data you submit to them and are not responsible for it.
- We may have to disclose your information for legal purposes, or if there is an emergency that poses a threat to health or safety.
- For a full list of our Third-party service providers and their privacy policies, please click here
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
As we have Third-Party providers and partners, your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. If and when we transfer your personal information internationally, we take steps to ensure that your data is handled securely. Please note that the laws are not the same everywhere, so the privacy laws that apply in countries where we send your data may not be the same (and may be less stringent) than in your home country. If you are not okay with this, please do not use our services.
Our game servers are currently located across EU and United States, and our Third-Party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, so that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with our Privacy Policies and agreements we have in place with these providers.
7. YOUR RIGHTS / CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
Under GDPR (and as a citizen of the EU, EEC and/or Switzerland) you have several rights “Your Rights” around the data we collect about you, as well as what we are allowed to do with it.
- You can object to us processing personally identifiable data about you
- You can access and obtain a copy of your personal data
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to cancel any permission previously granted
- You have the right to correct your data, to keep our databases up-to-date
- You can request to delete your game data. If you decide to delete your game account, we will delete your personal account information within 28 days.
- You have the right to send a complaint to the supervisory authority directly
- You can opt-out of interest-based targeted advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (on Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (on Android), detailed below:
Open the “Settings” application of iOS and select the “Privacy” menu item and then the “Advertising” sub-item. If you activate the “Limit ad tracking” option, we can only take limited measures such as identifying unique users or combating fraud. In the same menu you can always delete the IDFA (“Reset Ad-ID”), then a new ID is created which is not merged with the data collected earlier.
Open the “Settings” application and select the “Google” menu item. Depending on your device, this option may not be visible on the main menu but you may use the search function at the top of the Settings menu to find it. From there, select the “Ads” sub-item and activate the option “Opt out of Ads Personalisation” to prevent the creation of profiles and the display of interest-based advertising. You can delete the advertising ID in the same menu at any time (“Reset advertising ID”), then a new ID will be created which will not be merged with the previously collected data.
8. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
While utilising your data to provide you with the best possible gaming experience, we want to let you to know we take safeguarding your data seriously. all app permissions are optional, except for the technical permissions needed for the app to run. You can always decline (by clicking “no” or “do not accept” in your device settings). You can also revoke app permissions afterwards by changing the corresponding settings on your device.
To provide you with a secure and safe player experience, we are implementing technical and physical security improvements against loss, misuse or modification of your data.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will keep your data only for as long as your account is active with us. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
If you have questions about the above policies or data protection in general, or any requests around your data, please contact us via the below email address. You can find out more about us in the Contact or Imprint section.